A big thank you to cook to love for the nomination for one lovely blog award
I am required to tell you seven things about myself now, whoa that a lil’ scary, okay here goes.
1. I’m 20 years old but often get ID’d for things like lottery tickets and when I go to a new barber they ask me about school
2. I think chickpeas are the greatest thing on earth
3. I like to attempt to grow things, then forget about them, then over nuture the plants whilst apologizing to them. This is a yearly cycle for me.
4. I love bread, bread everything!
5. I am saddened by the fact there doesn’t seem to be any crabs on the beach in my home town any more, there used to be tonnes when I was younger.
6. I’m English and don’t know what English food actually is??
7. I have never broken a bone.
And a big thankyou to vegan bloggers unite also for the nomination for the sunshine award.
If you are nominated you must include the link in a blog, linking to the person/blog that nominated you. You must answer some questions and nominate 10 fellow bloggers and link their blogs in your post. And also let the peeps you nominate know you have done so.
Here are the questions:
1. Who is your favourite philosopher? Do i have to pick just one? Mary Midgley gets a spot for being super bad ass in her older years and Peter Singer for animal liberation and his dhal recipe, Mary Wollstonecraft for A vindication of women’s rights.
2. What is your favourite number? 7? Why is that question so hard?
3. What is your favourite animal? Iguanas, ever since I was little I love them, also apes are awesome.
5. What is your favourite time of day? early mornings, I used to volunteer at a cats sanctuary in the woods across the road to me, and waking up at the crack of dawn to have an explore in the woods before cleaning out the catteries was amazing, I would often have baby deer walk along the path next to me all curious.
6. What was your favourite holiday? my last trip to Cornwall where I spent a day walking along the cliff tops and beeches and brought so many spicy tofu wieners, they are soooo goood!
7. What is your favourite physical activity? Walking, so many good walks in Norfolk
8. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink? a chai steamer
9. What is your favourite flower? Bird of paradise, or I guess passion flowers? as there some crawling along a fence in my d=garden and they never seem to go no matter how much the garden is neglected.
10. What is your passion? making food, it’s all I ever do, that and walking Edward, so I’d have to say making sure people know it’s not the breed that is the problem, bless Edwards little staffy heart! Also feminism, LGBT rights and I have a sister with schizophrenia so encouraging people to drop their pre conceptions of people with mental health problems is a bit of a passion of mine too.
Now for the roasted chickpea wraps:
salt and pepper to taste
1 tin of chickpeas
hummus (cause its good with everything)
Drain the chickpeas and rinse, then shake em’ in a colander to dry them off a bit. Put in a roasting dish, drizzle olive oil over them, sprinkle on Cajun seasoning and grab a spoon and mix it through. Roast in a preheated oven at 200c/380f for about 30 mins, or until they are nice and crisp on the outside and still soft on the inside, serve in wraps with hummus.